Course designed and delivered by Team Evolution comprising of
Outstanding subject experts from Delhi University
Covers all the vital areas
All the syllabus topics for the IAS & IFS Main
400+ Hours of video lectures & tutorials
Sharp focus on examination trends
Quality study material
Crisp notes on all the topics – easy to grasp and retain
Each topic prepared from standard reference books
All notes prepared by our in-house research team
Time bound preparation
Finish the course in just about 6 months with 3 hours of daily classes
Weekly study plan for you in 100% alignment to the examination
Live interaction with faculty
Fortnightly Live Sessions with Faculty to address all your doubts and queries
Special live mentoring sessions with Dr. Abhishek once every month
High quality practice tests
Practice Tests exactly like the UPSC papers to give you realistic practice
4 Full Syllabus Mock Tests in the last 2 months before the examination
What the toppers say about us
All India Rank - 1, Indian Forest Service Eaxm, 2016
I prepared both my optional subjects with Evolution for the Civil Service and Indian Forest Service Examinations. Despite being a B.Tech. in Computer Science, I mastered subjects like Botany with Forestry with reasonable efforts and felt confident in the exams.
The classroom course and notes have been exactly in tune with the needs to the examination. For most of my preparation, I relied only on my class-notes, while the study materials served as excellent reference resources.
I was also with Evolution for Interview Guidance and Test Series. I must say that the personal attention – especially from Abhishek Sir – was truly remarkable and went a long way in sharpening my preparedness and keeping myself motivated.
Apart from showing a healthy selection percentage of about 10% in the Civil Service Examination, Zoology is known to be the force behind so many IAS Top Rankers in the past - nearly all of them have been from Evolution.
You too can reach there in just about 6 months with us. Such is the scientific planning of our course and such is the quality of our teaching.
A short introduction
Zoology being a science subject has a straight and clearly laid out syllabus. It has always been popular as a safe and scoring optional in the IAS and the IFoS.
The popularity of the subject has been due to:
- Clear syllabus
- High scoring nature
- Interesting nature
- Conceptual nature
- Straightforward presentation expected
- Role of diagrams and flow charts in scoring high
For scoring well in this subject, you have to know the core facts and concepts with clarity. You also need to know how to present your answer well.
During UPSC evaluation, there is always a great degree of objectivity because of the straight forward nature of questions. So, you can be sure of not losing any marks on the grounds that your line of arguments / interpretation did not match with that of the examiner. In sciences, there are only facts and concepts, which if correct, are bound to fetch you high marks. Therefore, with Zoology you can be fairly sure of scoring just on the basis your examination hall performance.
We have guided many students who have scored more than 60% marks in the IAS Main (a score, which is good enough to make you a top ranker). In the recent years, about 10% of the total selections in the IFoS too have come from this optional.
Results with Zoology
- Top Rankers like Rachit Raj (Rank 3, IAS 2013), Dr. Arun Thambhuraj (Rank 6, IAS 2012), Dr. Adapa Karthik (Rank 1, IAS 2007), Dr. Amit Saini (Rank 2, IAS 2006), Dr. Basant Garg (Rank 2, IAS 2004), have all been trained by us for Zoology optional.
- In IAS 2015, our student Megha Bhardwaj got 32nd Rank with this subject.
- Some other notable results in the recent past include:
- Anshika Agarwal – Rank 1 – IFoS 2014
- Abhilasha – Rank 2 – IFoS 2015
- Aditya M. – Rank 5 – IFoS 2015
- Aviroop Sinha – Rank 6 – IFoS 2015
For more results, please visit our results section.
Who can benefit from our Zoology Course?
In our experience, both good and average students can gain from our Zoology Course, especially in the following ways:
- In clearing the fundamentals of the subject. In the examination paper of Zoology; most of the questions are direct and fundamental in nature. Hence, having a clear grasp over the basics is of crucial importance.
- In adding value to the answer. With us, you will be exposed a number of specialist teachers – each one a master of his / her area. Such teachers dedicate a considerable amount of time in developing updated coverage of various topics they teach. Due to this continuous effort, you get a fast and highly effective value addition to your answers.
- In organizing the entire course as per the demands of the IFoS / Civil Service Examination. Thus, you can understand the emphasis areas and focus on them appropriately.
- You can be selective in coverage and maximize the quality of answers in the areas chosen.
- You learn the intricacies and techniques to write effective and marks-fetching answers, without which much of the preparation may go in vain.
If you have been a biological or allied science student, you’ll find the entire course extremely rewarding and easy to manage. Hundreds of such students have already benefitted from our Zoology course so far. It is your turn now.
Paper – I of IAS Main Examination / IFoS Zoology – Full coverage with study material
Paper – II of IAS main Examination / IFoS Zoology – Full coverage with study material
Updated study material with 100% coverage of the syllabus
5-6 days a week depending on the stage of the Course
3-4 Hours a day
Revision Tests along with the classroom coverage of the subject
Refresher Tests after the completion of the classroom coverage of the subject
Test frequency is usually once a week
Supplementary notes on updates (provided in e-book form)
Refresher tests after the completion of the course based on IAS Main and IFoS Pattern
Why do I need this course?
This is a comprehensive course for Zoology Optional preparation for IAS & IFS Main. With this course you can effectively cover all the vital topics excellently with minimal efforts. It also includes current updates related to the subject and tests.
Besides, the course also offers you a clear strategic planning which is crucial to score high in the Main Examination.
The course aims to help you score 300+ in IAS Main and 240+ IFS Main in with confidence and with minimal efforts.
What is your stratetgy?
We have done a meticulous analysis of the last 15 years’ IAS Main question papers and prepared a list of vital areas which must be covered for the IAS & IFS Main.
Based on this, we have designed our course.
In this course, all vital topics will be covered for giving you maximum output for your targeted input.
Duration of the course
About 5 Months, which will include the following.
- Core course coverage – Through Video Lectures and Tutorials (6 Days / Week – about 3 Hours per-day)
- Sectional Tests – About 1 Test per week
How much time I'll have to invest daily?
About 4 hours daily for a period of 6 months
That will include watching our video lectures or video tutorials uploaded for the day plus reading the study materials.
What will I get in this course?
- A complete Study Plan for Zoology Optional
- Weekly study targets
- Coverage of all the core topics for the IAS & IFS Main
- All study materials in printed format (will be dispatched to you by SpeedPost after your enrollment and during the course)
- Video lessons on 95% of the topics – they are recorded lectures and teacher-narrated video presentations
- Concise notes for factual topics which do not need teacher’s explanation (About 5% of the course)
- Crisp and easy to grasp class hand-outs in PDF format embedded along with every video lesson
- Fortnightly Live Sessions with faculty for your doubts and queries
- Full Syllabus Mock Tests for a realistic practice before the Main Examination
- Doubt clearance through e-mail
What type of video lessons will I be getting?
There are mainly two formats of video lessons which we are using.
This course has both types of video lessons depending on the topic.
1. Teacher’s actual class lectures recorded in the classroom.
2. Narrated animations / presentations.
The choice of the video format will obviously be determined by the demands of topic.
Notes, Study Material and Supplements
A total of 2000+ pages of notes are there in this course.
There are two parts of the notes:
1. Study materials in printed format (They will be dispatched to you by SpeedPost after your enrollment and during the course)
2. Crisp and easy to grasp class hand-outs in PDF format embedded along with video lesson
All our notes are prepared by our dedicated research team. Needless to add, there will be 100% alignement between our notes and the real demands of the UPSC.
Will there be Tests?
Tests constitute an important part of the IAS & IFS Examination preparation.
In this course, you will be having a total of 12 Tests
- 8 Section-wise Tests. They will be on different sections of the syllabus.
- 4 Full Syllabus Tests. They will be on the same pattern as the UPSC’s Main Examination.
How many video lessons will I be getting?
You will get 400+ hours’ video lessons in this course. The videos will feature our core faculty. All the topics requiring explanation will have a video tutorial.
Only totally factual topics will not have video lessons associated with them because well written and organised study material will be sufficient for them.
How long will I remain enrolled?
For the Optional Subject Courses, the enrollment will remain valid for a period of 8 months from the date of signing-up.
During this period, you’ll have unrestricted access to all the course materials, videos etc.
Even after the expiration of the subscription, you can access the course’s live doubt discussion sessions till your Main Examination.
The full syllabus Mock Tests will be held before the Main Examination for which you’ll remain registered till IAS Main Examination 2019.
How will I get my video lessons?
After you join, you’ll be getting your video lessons on our e-learning platform.
Our e-learning platform has been built by a Silicon Valley top-notch e-learning company, which also offers services to Fortune Top-50 companies worldwide.
So, when you sign up with us, you get super-easy and smooth e-learning platform that also keenly tracks your progress.
How many times can I watch the video lessons during the course?
You can watch the video as many times as you want. There is no restriction on the number of times you can play the videos.
Can I download the video lessons?
There is no download option for the video lessons.
However, everything elese is downloadable – for example, all the lecture handouts, all the supplements etc.
What happens after I pay?
Once your payment for a course is successful:
I have some other question.
What the toppers say about us
All India Rank - 1, Indian Forest Service Eaxm, 2017; Rank 98, Civil Service Examination, 2017
I have learnt so much from the way Abhishek sir articulates and presents his thoughts. It used to be absolute pleasure for me to just listen to him. Thank you so much, sir, for your encouragement, guidance and support!
Prashant sir and Chiranth sir helped me immensely in covering Forestry in such a little time. Prashant sir was extremely cordial and kind in entertaining my various queries, and guided me throughout the preparation.
Abhishek sir, thank you so much for creating such an enabling and friendly environment!